Friday, January 13, 2012

Café Creme

What is a café creme? Simply espresso + heavy cream, usually mixed in a 1:1.5 ratio. It seems a bit silly creating a how-to for this, but having a page to link to keeps me from explaining what a café creme is every day that I drink one. This starts with a double espresso made with an Aeropress (click here for how to use the Aeropress), which is also the basis for my delicious cups of coffee (click the link above). If you've got your own espresso maker, you can use that instead.


What you'll need
  • Cuisinart Electric Kettle; or a stove kettle, a thermometer, and patience
  • An AeroPress
  • Coffee (I use Henry's Blend, now renamed "Level 4" -- pictured in the Perfect Cup of Coffee post)
  • Heavy cream

1. Start with espresso.

2. To a separate glass, add 1.5 ounces of cream for every ounce of espresso. Heat up the heavy cream a bit (18 seconds on 30% power works for me).

3. Add coffee to cream (or other way around, if you prefer). Stir, and heat a bit more (30 seconds at 40% power, or to taste). Enjoy! (No, really, that's all there is to it)

If you tried this, please let me know. I'd love to hear what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment