Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 8

Bought a *huge* (5.5lb) portion of 73/27 ground beef to live on for the next few days. The administrator of the zero-carb forum I lurk at for inspiration/meal ideas (Zeroing in on Health) mentioned 73/27 ground beef might be one of the best meats to live on -- lots of fat, cheap, etc. I'd rather live on my college-student "steaks" (mmmm. hah.), but bottom round is currently $2/lb more than ground beef.

Oh, college budgets.


Breakfast
Sausage (recipe posted next time I make a batch)

Before-class snack
~2oz heavy cream

Lunch
7oz oven-baked hamburger
Cold cheddar cheese on top (I prefer my cheese unmelted. No idea why =P)

Dinner
Skipped going out to eat with friends in order to study for the MCAT. Go me?
3/4 of a 7oz oven-baked hamburger + cheddar cheese

Midnight snack/stress munchies
Stress over the MCAT = 4 pieces of deliciously chewy, greasy, mess-free bacon, and then some spicy wings my boyfriend brought back for me. D'aw.
..... followed by heavy cream, to put out the fire in my mouth.

Drinks
Selzter water (ingredients: carbonated water)
4, ~2oz servings of heavy cream

Energy level
Physically, wonderful.
Mentally, no ability to study. MCAT burnout (already)!

Cravings
My boyfriend is a total junk-food junkie. Before the SCD and my horrible cravings for.... everything (SCD and I really didn't get along), I never really noticed it. Now I'm noticing it even more. Wonder if he'd ever want to become a carnivore, so he can stop unknowingly tempting me by leaving half-open bags of Twizzlers lying next to the PS3 controller? Hahaha.

Overview/Crohn's symptoms
Blah, minor stomach issues. Still blaming it on the lysine overdosing (4g initially + 2g twice a day every day) to kill the cold sore. Considering that my fever blister is noticeably smaller (and appears to be drying up already), and that meat is naturally high in lysine and low in arginine, I might stop overdosing and see what happens naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment