Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 22

Anatomy crash course = no free time.
The evening of April 28th (MCAT day) will be wonderful. I won't know what to do with myself.

Breakfast
5 Brown N' Serve sausages

Lunch
Kalua Pig in a Slow Cooker.

Dinner
More Kalua Pig in a Slow Cooker
Coffee

Drinks
Selzter water (ingredients: carbonated water)
Coffee
Water

Energy level
Back to normal. Well, the new normal, which is higher than pre-meat-diet.

Cravings
Tossed the chocolate in the bottom of the bin I'm giving to my mum. Out of sight, out of mind. =)

Overview/Crohn's symptoms
While studying this evening, I suddenly decided to give up coffee completely. This is how my mind works. An idea will sit in the back of my head for a while, and then suddenly I'll make a decision.

So that's it. No more coffee. It's probably a good thing -- it upsets my stomach, even if I dilute it with heavy cream, and gives me hyper-active energy. I really don't like that jittery, speed-rush feeling. Hopefully I'll be back to normal after a few weeks of excess tiredness. As a side note, this happens because caffeine binds to adenosine receptors in your brain (adenosine binding to adenosine receptors is what makes you sleepy). When you drink caffeine frequently, your body ups the number of adenosine receptors to compensate. Then, when you quit cold turkey, you have way too many adenosine receptors in your brain -- making you feel more sleepy more often. Eventually the number restabilises, and you're back to normal. There's your science note for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment