Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 2

I am awful at cooking eggs. I can follow almost any recipe, and I'm decent at making stuff up, but eggs? I fail every time. So they might be off the menu for a while.

Breakfast
4 slices of mess-free bacon.
I would've had an egg fried in bacon grease too, but.... I burnt it. See above.

Lunch
More roast + au jus. That's the downside of cooking for one: you have to eat the same thing over and over until it's gone.

Dinner
Beef jerky (one of my friends insisted I try it. it's delicious!)
Bratwurst

Drinks
Selzter water (ingredients: carbonated water)

Energy level
Surprisingly high. My body might be keto-adapting faster than I thought it would.... or it could just be psychological. We'll see what happens during the next two weeks.

Cravings
Homemade chocolate chip cookies that a friend brought back from his mom's house.

Overview/Crohn's symptoms
I'm pretty sure that both the beef jerky and the bratwurst had sugar in them, making them not "legal" on this diet. That small amount of sugar could not only feed bacteria, but also delay the keto-adaptation my body needs to make. On the other hand, I like hanging out with friends -- and not being able to eat with them for a year or more just seems lonely. Hopefully that small allowance won't hurt me in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment